2024 Hear For You QLD Primary2Secondary Session
April 17 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Hear For You is hosting a Primary2Secondary session for deaf and hard of hearing primary school students and their families about the transition to high school in 2025!
Come and find out….
- What is Hear For You?
- Hear from current Hear For You participants who will share their insights about high school
- Meet some of our legendary Hear For You mentors and chat with them!
We have a Parent Session included too:
- Hear from parents of current Hear For You participants
- Get advice on how to prepare for a smooth transition as possible into high school
Live Captioning will be provided
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
This is for current deaf/hard of hearing primary school students who enter high school in 2024. We understand if you need to bring their siblings along and they are welcome to sit with you in the Parents Session.
Can I use my current NDIS funding to cover Hear For You?
Yes this is possible. During registration for the NDIS ticket, please fill out the required information so we know if you are:
- NDIA Managed i.e. they pay all providers on your behalf
- Self-Managed i.e. the NDIA will give you the funds so you can pay your providers directly
- Third Provider-Managed i.e. a Plan Manager who will pay your providers on your behalf
You will need to give us your NDIS number and the number of hours or funding amount that you have secured with your NDIA planner.
Which Support Purpose will funding need to be allocated in for use with Hear For You events?
Funding needs to be allocated under the Support Purpose of ‘Capacity Building’.
T here are two line items under which funds can be allocated:
Support Category No.9 “Increased Social and Community Participation”
- Support Item: Life transition planning including mentoring, peer support and individual skill development.
- Support Item Ref No. 09_006_0106_6_3
- Description: Establishing volunteer assistance within the participant’s home or community to develop skills. For instance, assistance in attending appointments, shopping, bill paying, taking part in social activities and maintaining contact with others.
If Support Category No.9 is unavailable, Support Category No.15 can be used:
Support Item No. 15 “Improved daily living skills”
- Support Item: Assistance with decision making, daily planning, budgeting
- Support Item Ref No. 15_035_0106_1_3
- Description: Provision of time limited support to assist a person to develop and maintain daily budget, including assisting in planning purchases.
I am currently planning to register on the NDIS, what information do I need to present to the NDIA planner?
Please go to http://hearforyou.com.au/program/ndis/ for all the required information
What if I am not on the NDIS/I am not eligible for the NDIS and I would to love to attend, what do I do?
Please select the Non-NDIS registration ticket. If you are unable to afford the cost, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 432 749 (1800 HEAR 4Y) and we will be in touch to discuss.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
If you are a deaf/hard of hearing child entering high school in 2024, this event is perfect for you!
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
You don’t have to bring anything. Or maybe just a smile?
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions at any time
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Only if you want to 🙂
A s of 1st January 2023, we will no longer be covering costs of interpreters. These costs will need to be covered by funds in your NDIS plan.
W e are happy to help with the booking but will not be paying for the costs.
Providing accessible programs and workshops for all our participants is incredibly important to us at Hear For You and The Shepherd Centre. It is a key area of advocacy for us with Governments and the NDIS. We know making sure the NDIS understands the need for interpreting services is critical through claiming these services in participant plans. When these funds are covered philanthropically through organizations, there is no awareness of the need or funding requirements., nor is it sustainable for organizations to cover these costs through fundraising.
If you need help with liaising with the NDIA to secure this funding in your NDIS plan, please contact us at email@example.com
Please be advised that by providing us with your child’s details, you agree and give consent to your child to join in Hear For You’s programs/workshops. Hear For You will keep and maintain your details and your child’s details in our database. We, Hear For You, will not share your/your child’s details with other organisations.