Help Us Provide Support 365 Days a Year
The Need: Online Mentoring Program
- Provide a place where 8,000 deaf teenagers in Australian can access 365 days per year.
- Connect deaf teenagers with a team of deaf staff mentors, on communication issues, mental health and social skills.
- Engage with people who “get” them.
- Supply a confidential safe place for deaf teenagers to feel supported.
We need your support because:
- The NDIS does not fund these type of initiatives.
- We are entering the 5G era.
- Teenagers have high technology expectations and we love to push technology boundaries.
- Our Year 1 project funding goal is $200,000.
We Love To Challenge Community Perceptions on Hearing Loss
Hear For You supports teenagers to challenge perceptions that deaf people are unable to do things. We need support for two interactive programs to help our teenagers overcome perceptions and show the Australian public what we can overcome.
- 2020 Film Festival support
- 2020 Music Festival and first concert with all deaf musicians in Australia
We are looking for partners to help us make these a reality and challenge the norm.