Hear For You HACKATHON 2020
Sydney and Brisbane Events in December
This is an amazing opportunity for young deaf and hard of hearing people (15 to 30 years of age) to be part of a fun sprint-like event where people come together to solve problems.
Why you should attend the Hackathon
Deaf or hard of hearing people aged between 15 to 30 years of age are encouraged to hack into a real world problem and work out a solution.
This program is perfect for anyone who wants to:
- step outside your comfort zone and get creative
- learn new ways of thinking and creating innovation
- find solutions to real challenges, bringing human connections to the centre of decision making
- test their creative mind
- work with people from different backgrounds, different skill sets, to collaborate in solving problems
- become more confident in making decisions
- explore their leadership qualities.
The skills you gain by participating in the Hackathon will arm you with:
- An understanding where to start when trying to solve complex problems
- A thinking mindset technique that you can apply to your daily life
- Greater confidence in expanding your vision when facing challenges.
How Does The Hackathon Work?
Together with Audika, Hear For You are hosting our very first Hackathon across two cities: Sydney and Brisbane.
As part of a team of 20, you will engage in:
- Team Problem Solving — Work with your team to solve a challenging problem.
- Unleashing Hidden talents — Step outside your comfort zone and map out a future career!
- Meeting New People & Having Fun — Work in a group with peers, mentors, and industry experts.
The Hackathon will be:
- held in Sydney, 5-6 December, 9.30am – 3.30am
- held in Brisbane, 16-17 December, 9.30am – 3.30am
- facilitated by ECHOS
- NDIS applicable – use your funds to register for the program.
How To Register To Participate in the Hackathon
There are only 20 places available at each event. Secure your place now by clicking on the following links in your preferred city:
5-6 December, 9.30 am – 3.30 pm 16-17 December, 9.30 am – 3.30 pm
Australian Hearing Hub, Macquarie Park Brisbane: Griffith South Bank Graduate Centre, Seminar Room
How Much Does It Cost?
You can use your NDIS funding to cover the cost of attending the Hackathon as it is an essential part of one’s Life Goals and Skills Development.
Here are the number of hours and estimated NDIS funding required based on the two categories:
- Category 9- 12 NDIS hours – $741.12 (overall price)
- Category 15 – 12 NDIS hours – $651.60 (the rest of the $89.52 fee is covered by Audika support)
If you are not on NDIS, limited sponsored places are available which requires one upfront payment of $53.84, then the rest of the fee is covered by the event sponsorship by Audika.
BONUS FOR RURAL / REGIONAL PARTICIPANTS
FREE TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION COSTS*
Thanks to the generous support of Audika, Hear For You can cover the cost of travel and accommodation for 12 rural/regional participants*.
The 12 rural/regional placement allocations will be split evenly:
- 6 spots available for NSW rural/regional participants
- 6 spots available for QLD rural/regional participants.
These spots will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Register now!
Audika – 2020 Sponsor
This event is proudly sponsored by Audika, who provide life changing hearing care.
Learn more about how Audika can help you by visiting their website.
Please email us with any questions you have that are not covered here.