What are the prerequisites to becoming a mentor?
To become a Hear For You mentor you need to:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be deaf or hard of hearing
- Have a Child Protection Check number and/or be willing to acquire one.
- Have a National Police Clearance and/or be willing to acquire one.
What is a Child Protection Check?
Each state has a relevant Child Protection check register that ensure people are suitable to work with children and teenagers.
If you don’t yet have one, you can apply for one using the relevant link:
How do I apply to become a mentor?
- Email your CV to [email protected]
- If eligible, an interview with the State Manager will be arranged
- If successful, you will be required to attend State Mentor Training (2 days)
- You must attend a minimum of 2 workshops as a new trainee mentor to understand how workshops are run before being permitted to mentor.
How much does it cost to become a mentor?
There are no costs in applying other than expenses incurred in applying for your State Child Protection Check, the National Crime Check, and attending the State Mentor Training.