2019 Theme is… FRIENDSHIPS!
How To Submit Your Film
2019 film entries close Friday 26th July 11:59pm (AEDT). You can start submitting your film entry now!
Please file drop all entries using MediaFire.
Follow these steps when uploading your film to MediaFire:
- Click this link MediaFire Filedrop.
- Drag and drop your file as instructed, and wait for the upload to complete. NOTE: this may take a few minutes.
- Once the upload is complete, you will see an UPLOAD COMPLETE notification on-screen.
- Please send an email to [email protected] to advise that you have uploaded your film successfully. We can then double-check the file.
- We will send you an email confirming your film submission has been received.
Paperwork You Need To Submit Your Film
In order to submit your film you will need to complete the following forms.
Personal Release Permissions:
If you’re a minor (under 18 years) print this one:
Participants 18 Years and over, use this one:
Film Submission Information:
Filming Location Agreement:
Call Sheet Template For Participants:
Premiere Screening & Red Carpet Event
The winners will be announced at the Premiere Screening and Red Carpet event in SYDNEY on 22nd August at the Golden Age Cinema!
Where Can I Enrol in the 2o19 Film-Making and Editing Workshops??
For 2019, we have released the dates for our Film-Making Workshops as part of our Rock My World Program. These workshops are run by professional filmmakers and our legendary mentors who are keen to help you to create your film masterpiece!
To find out more, click on a link below for the workshop nearest to you!
FILM MAKING WORKSHOP
FILM MAKING WORKSHOP
FILM MAKING WORKSHOP
|Saturday 22 June to|
Sunday 23 June 2019
|Saturday 8 June to|
Sunday 9 June 2019
|Workshop 1: Saturday 27 April to|
Sunday 28 April 2019
Workshop 2: 4 May to 5 May 2019
I’m also interested in other Hear For You workshops, where can I find out their details?
Hear For You offers a variety of awesome mentoring programs designed to allow you work out your journey to your dreams and potential.
|Life Goals & Skills Metro|
(Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane)
|Rock My World|
|Life Goals & Skills Blast|
The Hear For You National Film Festival 2018 is supported by Australian Hearing who selected the theme of (drum roll please….) – Love @…
Films were made by deaf and hard of hearing teenagers from NSW, QLD, and Victoria, with 11 entries from QLD and NSW being submitted in the 2018 competition.
The winners are:
- Best Screenplay: “WHAT AM I MISSING?” by Karen Nguyen, Samira Cox and India Cox
- Best Director: Oscar Lynch for “TEDDY BEAR LOVE STORY”
- Best Film: “THE BUS STOP” by Raymond Moreno, Jared Donaldson, and Richard Moir
- Judges’ Award: “TEDDY BEAR LOVE STORY” by Oscar Lynch
The winners were announced at the Premiere Screening and Red Carpet event in Sydney on 16 August 2018 at the Golden Age Cinema. Three of the winning films were selected by Australian Hearing to show in their clinics all over Australia and on their social media.
All films are available for viewing on our Hear For You YouTube Channel, with one also shown each week here on this page.
SHOWING FROM THE 2018 FILM FESTIVAL: Best Director and Judges Favorite Film – ‘Teddy Bear Love Story’ by Oscar Lynch.
Scroll down for more information on the Film Festival.
Check out the media coverage of our 2018 Films!
Yep we did, and to give you an idea of where, check out the media list below.
- Westside News Brisbane – story on Oscar, Teddy Bear Love Story, Thursday 20 September 2018 – http://quest.smedia.com.au/westside-news/
- Blacktown Advocate – story on Jared, Ray, and Richard on Wednesday 19 September 2018 http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/blacktown-advocate/ Issue September 19, page 20
- Canterbury Bankstown Express – Story on Karen, India and Samira- , https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/the-express/karen-puts-yagoona-on-australian-hear-for-you-film-festival-map/news-story/30f24cd7bfd1b03d02b725a237fab9cf
- WIN TV Canberra ran a piece featuring Richard and his mother with footage of THE BUS STOP – story ran Wednesday evening 29 August 2018
- Rouse Hill Advocate – story on Jared – http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/rouse-hill-times/ Issue September 19, Page 11