Hear For You Rock My World Tree Tops Challenge 2024 Sunshine Coast
February 24 @ 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Ever wondered what it’s like to be high in the trees navigating a rope course? Want to conquer your fear of heights and prove something to yourself? Ever dreamt of taking a thrilling flying fox ride down from the tall trees in the forest while yelling your head off??
Then this is for you!!
We will be tackling the awesome TreeTop High Ropes Adventure Park Sunshine Coast (Big Pineapple)
Please note that by registering for this workshop, this constitutes your acceptance of a Service Agreement between yourself and Hear For You.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday 17th February 2024
Check out below what TreeTops have to say about their park:
“TREETOP ADVENTURE PARK
“The Treetop Challenge at located at the Big Pineapple on the Sunshine Coast. Our courses range from easy to extreme and traverse through 9 acres of amazing bushland and rainforest… You will have an amazing adventure flying through the trees, conquering your fears and having a whole lot of fun! Our Adventure Park is designed for the entire family aged 8 and up, you don’t need any experience and it’s perfect for all fitness levels! Your unforgettable adventure awaits!”
It will be a fantastic day out with our mentors and to possibly meet some new deaf/hard of hearing teenagers!
Please read the below information from Treetops Adventure regarding what to do/bring on the day:
- There are no special skills or prior knowledge required, just bring along a sense of adventure and we will provide all the training and safety equipment you need to be an expert tree climber.
- Participants must wear fully enclosed shoes (sporting shoes are recommended); no exposed skin from the ankle down (skin must be covered by shoes not socks). For example, participants will not be allowed to undertake the Activities in sandals, Mary-Jane’s, thongs, ballet flats, slip-off, toed shoes etc…
- If you want extra grip, bring gloves or purchase a pair from the office. It can take approx. three hours to fully complete the adult/junior courses and up to two hours for the child courses.
- Make sure you pack water, wear comfortable clothes, fully enclosed shoes, tie back long hair, remove jewellery and apply sunscreen and insect repellent.
- We are open in all weather conditions (except lightning and extreme high winds). For your enjoyment of the courses, we only allow an allocated amount of people on the course at once, so it is highly recommended that you make a booking to avoid disappointment.
- Please arrive at the park with plenty of time, ready to start your session at the booked time. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes prior (at least 30 minutes Sydney – The Hills and Western Sydney) to your booked time to allow for finding a car park, completing waiver forms, removing all jewellery, storing any remaining valuables in your car, all participants having used the bathroom, applying sunscreen/insect repellent, handing keys to office staff etc.
- During school holidays, public holidays and weekends more time may be required as all parks get particularly busy. If you miss the start of your session, you may not be able to participate as the equipment you wear on the course is reserved for you. If you are late this impacts on other participants. No refunds or part-refunds will be made if you are late and it is not possible to accommodate you.
- For safety reasons you can’t carry anything with you on the courses and there are no lockers on site, so leave all your valuables at home and leave your keys at the TreeTops office. Once you are in your safety harness absolutely nothing is allowed in your pockets or hands, this includes jewellery, phones, wallets, keys and cameras.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes 8yrs and over and if you deaf/hearing impaired or hard of hearing, then this is for you!
Can I use my current NDIS funding to cover Hear For You?
Yes this is possible.
NDIA Agency managed i.e. they pay all invoices on your behalf
Self-funded i.e. the NDIA have given you a lump sum to use as per your agreed NDIS plan
Plan Managed i.e your plan manager will be send the invoice and pay on your behalf, you will just need provide your plan managers details.
Where is it located?
Big Pineapple, 76 Nambour Connection Rd Woombye QLD 4559
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
You can get there by Car with parking on site
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email Sherri Brereton at email@example.com
What’s the refund policy?
If you would like to cancel your ticket, you need to do by 17 February at the latest to receive a complete refund of the ticket price. After this date, there are no refunds.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes of course! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Providing accessible programs and workshops for all our participants is incredibly important to us at Hear For You and The Shepherd Centre. It is a key area of advocacy for us with Governments and the NDIS. We know making sure the NDIS understands the need for interpreting services is critical through claiming these services in participant plans. When these funds are covered philanthropically through organizations, there is no awareness of the need or funding requirements., nor is it sustainable for organizations to cover these costs through fundraising.