POSITION TITLE: Communications and Online Projects Manager (P/T – one year contract)
REPORTS TO: CEO
DIRECT REPORTS: State Managers, Volunteers (where applicable)
Hear For You is the only dedicated youth mentoring program in Australia aimed at inspiring deaf and hard of hearing teens to reach their full potential.
This position has primary responsibility for the management of the new Hear For You on-line interactive communications projects and online communications, including social media and website management.
Hear For You requires a Communications and Online Projects Manager to:
- Manage the on-line Hear For You communities, including overseeing the implementation of the chatbot;
- Manage the chatbot implementation project from its creation, set up, and populate the portal with deaf/hard of hearing teenagers, train mentors and staff, install data and protection policies and procedures, and prepare the guide to its ongoing operations;
- Coordinate with the current project managers on an online game project, build the profile and increase game participation with deaf/hard of hearing teenagers, train mentors and staff, install data and protection policies and procedures, and prepare the guide to its ongoing operations;
- Advise, design and implement the data protection, online risk management, and operational policies and procedures to ensure Hear For You’s online operations governance is of high standards;
- Design and implement the communications plan to promote the new online offerings and advise on the future resourcing to coordinate the on-line operations.
The position requires you to be based in Sydney at the Hear For You offices at the Australian Hearing Hub. Work from home or out of office working arrangements can be negotiated with the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience (direct/indirect) in the strategic communications and online project field who can use their skills, experience and passion to lead some ground-breaking projects to help deaf teenagers meet their daily challenges.
You will use your marketing and communications expertise to project manage the establishment of a unique chatbot project for our community and provide leadership and hands on support for our world first online project.
You will also have the opportunity to work on the overall communications strategy for Hear For You to reach key stakeholders and the community more broadly.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Completion of Tertiary education, in media/communications/social media.
- 2 years prior experience in communications management and/or online project management.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate with people from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Experience with generation of online media content and campaigns.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role (or supporting a management role).
- Understanding of new trends in Social Media, Online Communications, Interactions, and Marketing.
- An understanding of issues and trends for today’s teenagers and young people.
To be successful in the role you must:
- have a current NSW Working with Children check from the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian,
- complete a successful national crime check,
- be experienced in strategic communications and online project field,
- show a proactive and structured approach,
- be able to prioritise and meet deadlines,
- understand any relevant issues and actively display initiative,
- display time management and organisational skills,
- high level verbal and written communication skills;
- strong integrity and confidentiality;
- working with minimal supervision and take ownership of tasks;
- ability to communicate with people from a broad range of backgrounds;
- well-developed written skills and the ability to prepare reports and documents;
- advanced skills in use of Microsoft office, relevant software tools, social media management software, website publishing, and online communications;
- attention to detail applicable to documentation, recording feedback and campaign planning;
- committed, positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to work and challenges.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Key responsibilities for the Communications and Online Projects Manager will include but not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for the management of the development of the On-line Chat Bot project with external contractors.
- Responsible for the marketing, promotion, and populating of the On-Line Chat bot group.
- Responsible for the planning of the Hear For You Communications Plan and its execution.
- Responsible for the coordination with the on-line gaming project manager, build profile, and increase game participation of deaf/hard of hearing teenagers.
- Work with the State Managers to conduct the recruitment, training, and management of a team of on-line programs deaf or hard of hearing mentors to provide live virtual on-line mentoring for deaf/hard of hearing teenagers.
- Work with the State Managers to develop on-line visual content aligned with the Hear For You mentoring programs.
- Explore avenues for revenue stream and fundraising utilising online virtual reality content and social media with the CEO.
- Ensure all internal relationships are of a high standard and contribute positively to the growth of Hear For You.
- Ensure all areas are fully appraised of ongoing and upcoming work and has the necessary information and tools to deliver exceptional customer care standards.
- Provide mentoring on Communications and Social Media to identified staff.
- Development, presentation and management of Reports and issues briefings related to responsible project areas.
- Provide or support reports requested by the CEO.
- Debrief post campaigns: including reporting on financial, legal, risk management, marketing, communications, and event survey outcomes.
- Develop and present project plans and budgets for the on-line projects.
- Work with the CEO to identify potential future revenue streams through on-line interaction portals and social media.
- Develop the paid social media budget to assist the development of the Chat-Bot portal and strategically increase the user population.
- Develop on-line mentor expenses system for the mentors participating in the on-line projects.
- Prepare for the CEO to sign off:
- all contracts for any on-line media items, tools, and software as agreed and budgeted.
- Volunteer agreements for the on-line programs.
- Prepare on-line volunteer induction packs for the mentors and support volunteers.
- Ensure all Volunteers have met the Hear For You volunteer requirements including National Crime Check and their local State Working with Children checks from the relevant state government departments.
- Conduct on-line safety inspections, identify any risks and prepare actions to mitigate the identified risks with the CEO.
- Develop the Hear For You on-line management policies, including one for virtual on-line mentoring, and identify areas of risk with mitigation processes to minimise risk.
- Work with the CEO on design of the Data protection, Online Social, Website, and Virtual chat room policies and procedures.
- Ensure all work undertaken is consistent with National Privacy Principals and related regulation and legislation.
- Ensure that all work undertaken meets legislative and regulatory compliance obligations, including Trade Practices Act 1974, various state and territory fundraising legislation and other as appropriate.
- Ensure all communications within the Hear For You on-line interactive offerings are appropriately archived and privacy legislation compliant.
- Maintain electronic records of projects and communications undertaken utilising approved systems and processes.
- Ensure all work produced is in accordance with Hear For You Style Brand Guidelines.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter outlining why we should consider you for this role and your resume to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org BY 5.00pm (AEST), Friday 20 July 2018.